Design and Engineering
Creativity. Technical Expertise. Optimization
Distribution Network Design and Optimization
- If we were to optimize our distribution network, how many facilities do we need, what would be the approximate square footage, where should they be located?
- What would be the annual operating costs of the new optimized network?
- With this new network, what would our transportation network look like in terms of modes, shipment sizes, volumes?
- What customers could be served from each distribution centre?
- What would be the impact of the new network on the amount of inventory required at each facility?
- How would the new network improve service levels to our customers?
- How can we optimize and redesign our transportation network to reduce overall costs and what actions need to be taken to implement these changes?
DC Sizing and Material Handling Design
- How much square footage do we need for our Distribution facilities, from a real estate perspective?
- What is the optimal material handling design for the type of products we handle?
- What would be the capital cost, as well as ROI and payback, for a new facility and optimal material handling design?
- What would the annual operating budget be if we implement this new facility and design?
- What productivity and throughput gains can be delivered with this new design?
- What kind of performance metrics should we be seeing from the material handling equipment and design as well as our direct workforce?
- What would be a short term strategy for current facilities and operations until we can develop and get approval for a consolidated operation?